Frequently Asked Questions
GENERAL MOTORS: 2010-2011 Chevy Silverado 6.6L Turbo Diesel and GMC Sierra 6.6L Turbo Diesel
- TSB/Campaign Number 11183B — Some Silverado and Sierra HD vehicles may experience SCR issues, especially at colder temperatures, where a MIL will be displayed. Corrective action is to install a shield and insulator to the DEF tank.
- TSB/Campaign Number 11326 — Some Silverado and Sierra HD vehicles may experience SCR issues involving DEF tanks that were built with low internal resistance, causing DTC codes P21AB, P203D or P21BO. Corrective action would be to perform campaign 11183B and if problem is not corrected, replacement of entire DEF tank would be necessary.
- TSB/Campaign Number 11001 — Some Silverado and Sierra HD vehicles may experience SCR issues where the DEF system may not operate as intended. MIL will indicate, DEF system warning will display and vehicle speed may be limited. No codes in particular are identified, but GM calls for ECM reprogramming per campaign with new software in the event of an SCR system issue.
FORD: 2011-12 F-350 Powerstroke 6.7L Turbo Diesel
- TSB/Campaign Number 11.11.13 — Some F-Super Duty vehicles with 6.7L engines built on or before 10/11/2011 may have a MIL with codes P207F, P2OEE, P2200, P2201, P2209, P164A, P2A00 and/or P0133. Corrective action would be to replace the NOx sensor with an updated component, reprogram PCM to latest calibration and reset/clear the NOx sensor adaptive learn tables.
- TSB/Campaign Number 12.3.5 — Some F-Super Duty vehicles with 6.7L engines built on or before 1/30/2012 may exhibit P204F DTC with DEF system fault warning on dash. Resolution for issue would be to recalibrate PCM with latest software.
VOLKSWAGEN/AUDI: 2011 Toureg 3.0 Diesel Turbo
- TSB/Campaign Number 26 12 01 — Some Toureg vehicles equipped with diesel engines may have MIL on with P20E8, P20B1, P202A stored in ECM. This is caused from an under voltage condition in the AdBlue control module. However, this condition does not refer to fluid quality issue.
MERCEDES-BENZ: 2009-11 GL 350 3.0 Turbo Diesel
- TSB/Campaign Number 2010110005 — Some ML 350 vehicles may exhibit an issue with changes in resistance in the AdBlue tank heater lines and may lead to fault entries 54 922 06 8 and 54 922 06 8. The corrective action for this problem would be to update the SCR module software.
DODGE: 2011 Ram Trucks 6.7L Turbo Diesel
- TSB/Campaign Number 25-002-10 — Some 2011 Dodge Ram Turbo Diesels may have a code P205B stored in the ECM as well as a lit MIL on the dashboard. Dodge has found that certain vehicles manufactured between March 3, 2010 and July 19, 2010 may have been built with a DEF engine coolant control valve that was internally misassembled. Under this condition the valve will not be able to completely shut off the flow of coolant through the tubes in the DEF tank, causing the DEF temperature to rise above its normal operating range and eventually degrade.